Because engineering and construction projects rely more on project management skills than technical and rational means of solving project problems.
Maybe you haven't thought about the significance of your qualifications and in-demand skills, but not anymore.
Here are some of the most important BENEFITS of project management skills:
If you’re stuck in your profession and don't have any idea how to begin your career journey in engineering and construction project, then this will be it.
Below are the specific situations where the application of the benefits is apparent:
Employers like, project owners & developers, design consultant, contractor, & government organization will require one or the other in your career progression the following:
1. Do you have the training and a certificate as proof of your professional development for the past three (3) years?
Your training certificate attached with your CV will get your foot at the door, for the interview.
Are you ready to answer questions to verify your competency? This is where your knowledge and skills in project management will be demonstrated.
On the other hand, professionals who are NOT upgrading their skills is the single reason why career stagnation is rampant. This is not for you.
Guys, training certificates is strong evidence of your capabilities and the beginning point of conversion for your career progression. As the saying goes:
"The more you learn, the more you can earn."⬅️
2. Joining a project team, for example in the site, you will be required to attend interviews either with the consultant and the Owner/client or both. And when transitioning in your career such as applying for your dream job or a project manager position, evidence of your competency in project management is required.
To improve your project management skills and qualification check the the most popular training to get ahead in your career:
Here is the overview of the Classroom training to be held on June 11, 2019.
PROJECT MANAGERS COURSE
Advanced Construction Project Management
Project Planning, Scheduling, & Control
Managing Project Teams
Construction Standards & Procedures
Advanced QA/QC Construction Projects
3. You will never know when your boss will ask you for a training certificate in project management because a client requires it; a career opportunity you've been waiting for.
I didn't even encounter hiring managers or Managing Director asking, “is this certificate internationally accredited”? No, it never works that way.
Your knowledge and skills in project management and construction engineering are the critical skills you'll need to make you competent to ensure that a project will run successfully.
4. With your project management skills, there is a high chance you will be one with a certificate(if not the only one) to satisfy the client requirements; that means value to the Managing Director and of course career advantage for you.
5. Working abroad now require companies in maintaining professionals with project management certificates. Meaning longer employ-ability and higher pay.
Indeed your degree, technical skills, and experienced will make you a living, but self-education will make you a fortune.
Thank you for taking the time to read.😊
Marlon Frando MBA, PMP, CMQ/OE
P. S- Start your project management in this link
“PROJECT MANAGERS COURSE & CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING Training".
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.